New! Swiss 74 Certified Filter
"NBC Protection 74"
- This filter is good against all known gasses including Anthrax.
- It is not good against carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide.
- The filter has a 40mm thread that can fit Israeli,
- Russian and all NATO gas masks.
- (Fits the Adult & Youth Israeli & Russian Gas Masks)
- It comes in a hard plastic case.
- Once the case is opened, the case is not reusable.
- Manufactured by Airfil AG
- Published in Schweizerische Feuerwehr-Zeitung 11/91 Federal Office for Civil Protection, Spiez Laboratory Performance of NBC protective filter 74 in relation to industrial pollutants Combination filters, such as the NBC protective filter 74 which is a component of the protective masks used by the Swiss armed forces, function in two ways.
- They must be able to intercept both coarse and very fine dust particles and/or droplets (suspended solids - aerosols), and gaseous pollutants circulating in the air. A two-stage procedure is used to test the performance of these filters.
- Every NBC protective filter comprised two components: a glass-fibre filter to intercept suspended solids filter and an activated carbon membrane to intercept gases.
- Both tend to be used together, e.g. in screw on filters or in a range of collective filters found in protective shelters. The sequence must be adhered to strictly.
- First, the air passes through the suspended-solids filter, where the intercepted droplet evaporated relatively quickly in the airflow. The next step involves the gaseous particle being retained in the activated carbon membrane.
- The suspended solids filter offers protection against the entire spectrum of dust and aerosols which can be present following a CIVILIAN CHEMICAL INCIDENT.
- The sequence in which the activated carbon component intercepts the gaseous substance is primarily as follows:
- physical adsorption,